Starting your own business takes time, passion, grit, and courage. It’s well-documented that 20% of businesses fail within their first year, with 30% failing in their second year.
Most solopreneurs launch a business after becoming disengaged or disheartened with their corporate careers. Moving from an office environment with departments covering every aspect of day-to-day business dealings to being responsible for everything can be overwhelming.
Gone are the days where you make one phone call to the IT department, and your computer is fixed. The HR and accounting departments, and a regular pay cheque, also becomes a distant memory.
Starting a business
If you want to join the 5.9 million small and medium sized businesses in the UK, you’ll need to do the groundwork to avoid becoming one of the above statistics.
Your business needs to be something you love and are passionate about, as you’ll be spending all your time working on and in the business.
Many websites are available to support you as you get started on your entrepreneurial journey, including (GOV.UK). Understanding the basics before you launch is essential to a long and prosperous future.
You’ll need to explore many areas, including:
- Writing a business plan
- Funding and financing your venture
- What business insurance you need
- How much tax to pay and how to pay it
- What accounting packages to use
- Finding premises
- What procedures and business processes you need
- How to advertise and market your business
- Understanding employment law if taking on staff
But what do you do when you’ve launched your business, have built up a few clients or customers, and need help to grow?
Women’s Business Networking
Joining networking groups is a vital part of any small business owner’s strategy. The knowledge and skillset of a collection of women in business is a valuable asset. Here at Women’s Business Networking, we have members from various industries who are willing and able to help fellow entrepreneurs.
Our members include experts in financial services, Xero accounting software, SEO and content writing, consultancy, confidence coaching, wellbeing, and so much more.
At our online networking sessions, we spend time supporting each other and learning from our experts. Having a community that understands your worries and can provide guidance is essential to becoming a Wonder Woman in business.
What does it take to become a Wonder Woman in business?
As a woman, you have an inbuilt capacity for dealing with anything that comes your way. Many of you are running a business alongside caring for a family. Some of you may believe that being a Wonder Woman means having to cope alone and being self-sufficient.
Here at Women’s Business Networking, we believe that knowing you are not alone is the first step to becoming a Wonder Woman.
Asking for help, searching for answers and support, exploring your options, and offering the same in return builds strong relationships. Collaborating within the networking community also provides many benefits to boost and grow your business.
The Women’s Business Networking group also ensures its members have access to a panel of experts and resources that make life easier. This is how we attract an international audience, making it easier to connect with peers worldwide. We cover topics that relate to our attendees and attract guest speakers who are leaders in their field.
You don’t have to do it all alone
Outsourcing is a Wonder Woman skill! You know what needs to be done to run and grow your business, but you understand the importance of a balanced work and home life. It makes sense to reach out to your network and find a professional team who can support certain aspects of your business, such as:
- A VA to organise and run your diary and appointments
- An accountant to make sure your self-assessment is completed and filed on time
- A copywriter to bring your website copy to life
What area of your business do you outsource? Or which area would you like to outsource? Make the decision today to search through your connections and find your tribe.
“I have enjoyed the camaraderie in the group and seriously can say when you are a having a bad week, it makes you feel tons better after an hours meeting. The advice and expertise in the room has helped me to adapt procedures to my business which has definitely made my life easier.” Lorraine Willis, Simply Sutton Credit Control
What can you do to become a Wonder Woman?
Joining a like-minded networking group that can support you as you build your business is a worthwhile investment.
Here are some of the benefits we offer at Women’s Business Networking:
- Member profile – Our website is the hub of the network where we share resources, event information, an informative blog, and an overview of our lovely members. You will have the opportunity to take advantage of this SEO (search engine optimised) promotion by adding your name, business details, and biography to the membership portal for visitors to read.
- A panel of experts – You can’t possibly know everything, and sometimes you don’t have the time, resources, or energy to do the necessary research. Our members have exclusive access to a panel of experts who specialise in business processes, sales and marketing, SEO and visibility, human resources and marketing. Tap into this great font of knowledge and get the help and advice you need when you need it.
- Online Meetings – Geography, time restrictions, and workload can hinder our attempts to network effectively; that’s why our virtual networking sessions are so popular. We have members and guests attend our meetings from all over the globe, making this network a great way to reach a much wider audience. As part of your membership, you receive two free online meetings per month.
- Dedicated Facebook Group – Our dedicated Facebook group provides our members with a safe space to engage, ask questions, and meet other members. We understand that our online networking sessions are essential for meeting like-minded ladies and introducing your products or services to others. Our Facebook group is the perfect place to interact on the go with fellow members. Ask questions, share advice, tips, and experiences, and learn more about your fellow business owners.
The Women’s Business Networking group can support you to become a Wonder Woman within a like-minded business community.
“Networking is relatively new to me, but from the start, Sharon made me feel at ease with it. It’s been tough, our hands on business came to a standstill, and at times I thought I would too. Without the caring, nurturing, selfless nature of the members of this group, things might be very different for me.” Sonia Henningham, FACT
Find out more about the support, online meetings, and guest speakers we have coming up at the Women’s Business Networking group via our website.
Alternatively, get in touch to discover how membership to Women’s Business Networking can benefit you and your business.